Update March 20, 2020: Please be advised that due to the 'Safer At Home' order in Los Angeles, our manufacturer is currently closed. We are currently working with on-hand inventory only, and if we cannot ship your item right away, our team will email you right away. Our (digital) doors are always open — please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- How long does it take to get my jewelry?
- Most of our pieces are made to order. Depending on the piece, please allow about 5 business days to make the jewelry, plus shipping time (3-5 business days for standard, 2 business days for expedited). Please allow more time during the holiday season.
- Can I cancel or edit my order after the order's been placed?
- Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number within 24 hours and we'll try our best to accommodate your request.
- Can I edit my address after the order's been placed?
- If the order hasn't gone out yet, we can make this change. Send us an email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- What's your return policy?
- Please note that Kinn Vintage has its own return policy. Please read the 'Vintage' section for more.
- For domestic orders, we accept returns for unworn or unused items within 30 days of receiving. We will determine if the piece is eligible for a full refund when we receive the goods. Customers are responsible for shipping the goods back to our studio. There may be a restocking fee depending on the condition of the returned pieces.
- For any custom orders, and engraved items are final sale and cannot be returned.
- Returns for store credit include free U.S. shipping label. For refunds back to your credit card or PayPal, customers are responsible for shipping. Once received, you'll receive a refund of the original amount you paid for back into your account.
- Can I exchange for a different size?
- We can re-size them for you at a small labor fee of $40. Please use the service here: https://kinnstudio.com/products/re-sizing. For any custom orders including engraved items are final sale but we can re-size them and offer an exchange. Please use the re-sizing service here: https://kinnstudio.com/products/re-sizing.
- For re-sizing, you're responsible to ship it back to us to our studio. We highly recommend you to add tracking and/or signature required as we're not responsible for lost package. Please email us with your order number and we’ll let you know where you can ship to.
- Do you offer sizes other than what's offered on the website?
- Yes we do. Kinn fine jewelry is handmade in Los Angeles, and solid 14k gold is priced based on the weight of the gold plus labor. For this reason, there is an additional $40 for any custom sizes up to size 7, and $50 for sizes above 7. Please add the custom size service to cart here: https://kinnstudio.com/products/custom-sizes
- Is it possible for me to send back my Kinn jewelry for engraving?
- Yes, you may send your Kinn jewelry to our studio within 30 days if receiving. Engraving starts at $25, please use the link here to add the additional service: https://kinnstudio.com/products/additional-engraving
- I live in Los Angeles. Can I try on the pieces at the studio before buying?
- We'd be happy to do accommodate a private appointment on weekends. Unfortunately we're not taking on appointments for exchanges / returns. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How much is shipping?
- Here are the available shipping methods within the continental US:
- Standard (when you spend $200+): Free Shipping (3-5 business days)
- Standard (when you spend less than $200): $10 (3-5 business days)
- Expedited: $25 (2 business days)
- Overnight: $45 (1 business day)
- Standard shipping is sent via USPS from our Los Angeles studio, not including weekends or holidays. Unfortunately, we do not ship to P.O. Boxes. Expedited and Overnight shipping is sent via UPS.
- For orders $500+, adult signature may be required.
- How long does shipping take?
- We ship out of our Los Angeles office, and depending on delivery location, shipping can take between 3-5 business days. You can always track your order through your account or the shipping confirmation email sent after your order is sent out.
- Do you ship internationally?
- We currently ship to CAN, AUS, and UK. If you're outside of these countries, please send us an email with your international address and the product(s) you're interested in, and we'll send you a personal quote.
- For international orders, you may be responsible for import duties and taxes on your order depending on the country in which you reside. You may contact your customs office for additional information. There can be occasional customs or courier delays which may affect your delivery timeframe, which unfortunately are beyond our control.
- I think my package is lost.
- If you think your package is lost, email us right away with your order number at email@example.com with your order number and we'll try our best to solve the issue. Please note that Kinn is not responsible for lost or stolen items once it's marked 'Delivered' by the delivery service.
- I live in Los Angeles, can I come pick up my goodies from your studio?
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to accommodate pick ups.
- Where's your jewelry made?
- We work with a locally owned manufacturer here in Los Angeles — not only to have better control of the quality, but to ensure the people who make our jewelry are fairly compensated and working under safe conditions, too. Read more here.
- Are all your pieces made with 14k solid gold?
- All of our pieces are made with 14k solid gold (not plated nor filled), except for our lockets. To learn more about the difference, read more about it on the journal here.
- Where do you source your gold and diamonds?
We only work with vendors with high ethical standards and knowledge of the supply chain. That means, the gold that we use are regulated and certified by the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC). With these regulations, gold is sourced from a Fairmined Certified Mining Organization. This is also regulated and backed by a 3rd party audit that ensures the artisanal mining organizations meet the standards at all times. Our stones are conflict free and goes through the Kimberly Process (KP). Most of our stones are cut and polished here in downtown Los Angeles, while some are cut in Canada. You can read more about it here.
- Can you make custom jewelry?
- We accept custom bespoke orders. If you have vintage pieces i.e. your grandmother's ring, we can repurpose that using the metal and/or the stone. We can also sit down with you and design a one-of-a-kind from scratch. Please send us your inquiry to email@example.com.
- Why do you include how much the gold weighs in all of your products?
- Today, precious metal weight and value are almost never disclosed. This lack of transparency is what enables modern jewelry brands to earn up to 80% of the original purchase price as revenue and is why modern jewelry fails to maintain its value. The weight of the gold object is measured in troy ounces, and the price of gold per ounce is the same across the world.
Vintage — Buyer
- How do you authenticate your products?
- We receive all items and physically evaluate each piece by professional experts including gemologists. Our process ensures that pieces are reviewed before the item is available for sale. We will also reject any item that does not match up to our standards.
- How are your diamonds and gemstones graded?
- All items are appraised and inspected by our certified gemologists, and the evaluation is performed in accordance with GIA standards. Please note that in accordance to the GIA standards, all mounted diamonds and gemstones are not removed from their mounting.
- What is your return policy?
- Return requests must be made within 7 days of shipment and the item must be returned within 14 days of original shipment.
- What are my shipping options?
- We only ship to the U.S. at the moment. Here are the available shipping methods within the continental US:
- Standard (when you spend $150+): Free Shipping (2-5 business days)
- Expedited: $40 (2 business days)
- All shipments are sent via UPS from our Los Angeles studio, not including weekends or holidays. Unfortunately, we do not ship to P.O. Boxes.
- For orders $600+, adult signature will be required.
- When will my order ship?
- Most orders ship within 2 business days. We'll notify you via email when the item is ready to be shipped with a tracking number.
Vintage — Seller
- What type of jewelry do you accept?
- Precious metals and gemstones only i.e. solid 14k gold (no plated materials please), platinum, silver etc.
- When will I get paid?
- You'll be paid on the 1st of the month after the jewelry has been sold.
- What is the selling process like?
- The process can take up to 3 weeks. Once you send us your photos with the specs, we'll reply to you within 2 business days. You can then send us the requested jewelry using our prepaid shipping label. Once we receive your items our team will authenticate and approve the items and will list the items.
- Can I consign an item that I recently purchased from Kinn Vintage?
- Please note that we will not accept Kinn Vintage products to be re-sold on our website.
General & Other
- Do you have an affiliate program?
- Yes we do. We partnered with Shareasale to provide you the tools you need to earn commissions, while we handle all the ordering, shipping, and billing processes. Learn more here.
- I don't know my ring size. Do you have a ring sizer?