Hey all, Jennie here. Happy Virgo season. As we welcome fall, I’ll be sipping my favorite classic cocktail—the espresso martini.
Each sip is the perfect combination of sweet simple sugar and bitter coffee beans. Rich, creamy, and loaded with caffeine—a good espresso martini is equally good for brunch or a night out.
My favorite recipe is simple. The key is to use high quality coffee beans—I usually use Blue Bottle’s or Pure Bean’s (a local coffee shop near my house). And always be sure to use a nice martini glass! I like to say that any good recipe is 25% about the ingredients, 25% the maker, 25% the company you’re sharing it with, and 25% the presentation.
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso
- 1 oz Kahlúa
- 1.5 oz Grey Goose
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 0.5 oz heavy cream
- Brew a shot of espresso and let it cool
- Add Kahlúa, Grey Goose, simple syrup, espresso, heavy cream, and ice to a cocktail shaker
- Shake until the shaker is cold (around 20 seconds)
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a couple of espresso beans